Atomic Structure, Periodic Trends
8.0 Props for Electromagnetic Radiation
Subjects: Atomic structure, electromagnetic radiation
Description: Use of props to demonstrate different types of electromagnetic radiation and atomic structure.
- Rainbow light
- Radio (Prof. Botch)
- Clothes iron (Prof. Botch)
- Slinky and wave modeling spring (not shown)
- Meter stick (on shelves in alcove)
- Atomic p & d orbitals (located in drawers next to hood)
The Wave Modeling spring can be used to demonstrate transverse waves, longitudinal waves, reflection of a wave, and standing waves. Refer to the activities sheet included with the spring located in the kit for instructions.
1. Educational Innovations (www.teachersource.com)